Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Find Some Joy Today

Well I got confirmation that some of my worst fears were happening with my oldest child.  I was prepared for a phone call that hasn't happened yet.  At the same time there is a difference between suspecting something is true and knowing it to be fact.  I suppose it is a form of denial.  There is also a certain amount of depression that goes with it.  At this point the remedy is more playing with the dogs and I have my granddaughter with me.

One thing I have learned on this journey, is to take the joy where you can get it.  My granddaughter is so fun, we are setting up a playhouse.  At night we take a spa, last night we used a mud mask...she is 4, almost 5.  Her manners are coming along wonderfully.  Yesterday evening, she needed to interrupt a conversation and remembered to say excuse me...YES!  After our spa we get into bed and watch Rugrats.  No, we don't always get to bed on time...OK rarely do we get to bed on time, but we shut it down by 10:30.  We have also come up with my super-duper margaritas for 4 and 5 year olds.  The sauce is Sprite mixed half and half with the margarita mix.  I hope it's a no-brainer, but, NO Tequila.

There are sounds of waking up from the bedroom.  That means breakfast soon.  I hope you all can find some joy today.

Katie



No comments: