Thursday, October 26, 2017

Yesterday was a beautiful day it was in the high 60's and today it is  in the high 20's and spitting snow.  What a difference a day makes.  Honestly I'm not sure if the dogs are going to get their walkies today.  Max is by his heater...the one that was my birthday present and Maxy claimed, after he chewed on one corner when he was a puppy.  The pups also go and crawl in bed with Dad in the mornings.

A couple of days ago I saw a post on facebook that I did find a bit funny, it was a line-up of what looked to be addicts.  Now I know that mug shots are a matter of public record, I've had my son-in-laws posted on my facebook feed.  My more compassionate friends will call me to let me know he's been arrested again and not post to my page, so when I do get one, I delete it.  I know my grandchildren live in the area and know what is going on, but I want don't want their dads mug shot on my page.  I am their grandmother and with that comes a bit of protecting them on my part.  So back to the mug shots.  The initial comments were funny and one guy did look like Bevis from Bevis and Butthead, but comments got nasty and were egged on by the mob mentality.  As a parent of an addict, a. my children were not the result of an incestuous relationship, b. neither myself or my husband have used heroin or meth, c. if that had been my child in that line-up, I would have been destroyed by some of the comments.  The other thing that stood out to me, is that the reason I got this feed was knowing someone who commented on it.  Now this person has a sister whos family is dealing with addiction and mental illness.  All I could think was what a special kind of ASS would do that to his sister.  Did this person think his sister wouldn't see it, if I caught it, I'm sure she did, since she keeps a closer eye on his feed than I do, and that is a special kind of stupid.  I know the type, they look at the opioid epidemic as a hand out for losers, this could never impact their family.  Well I'm here to tell you it can and when they start as adults, there is very little you can do.

I see that the Donald has declared opioid addiction as a National Health Crisis.  It's nice to see that the government has finally caught up.  The people that are shown on documentaries are not from the economically depressed areas, they are people from middle America.  Please undersand, I have to believe that rich or poor, all citizens are worth saving and that as "a nation" we truly believe that. None of us are going to travel this road perfectly...hell, I punched my kid in the stomach when coming in high on heroin; not one of my finest moments, but we do have to be some what civil to each other.  Those of us on the front lines will tell you it can be hell some days. My attitudes have changed the more I have learned...funny how that works.  I would ask those wo would post to something like the site I mentioned before, ask yourself, how would I feel if one of those pictured was a family member of mine, how would those remarks make me feel if so, and I know this person to be a Christian and so my next question to ask yourself, would God approve of this hurtful kind of humor?

I would ask for prayers for my young grandson, he is in a crisis and could sure use them. 

Thanks
Katie









No comments: